(3002) No url record with internal id 2

Hi, several of the customers we've upgraded to 8.2 R04 or 8.2 R06 are experiencing a dialog popping up in the Win client when working with company cards that says something like "(3002) no url record with internal id 2" or "(3002) no phone record with internal id 1".

These customers have used Win client for many years, and we've never seen this error before now.

We have not been able to find the cause yet. Consistency check does not fix it.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

RE: (3002) No url record with internal id 2

Yes, I have seen this once or twice and quite possibly in 8.2.
Db concistency will not help.
This is an indication that we have lost count of how to address some phone/url/address etc since all these have to be identified with generated virtual ids that we call for "internal Id".

Do you have more context? How do they get into this predicament? Or is it just happening out of the blue?
Else I'd be inclined to suggest waiting for the upcoming 8.3 R02 that is under acceptance test this week.

Conrad

Af: Conrad Weyns 8. jun 2018

Hi Conrad, here is a summary from one of my colleagues working on this:

------

Observations:

• The error message is not the same for everyone, we have seen internal ID-errors between ID 1-5
  • The problem occurs randomly. Once the problem occurs, the error message comes twice every time the user goes to a company.

Tested and failed solutions:

• Deleting all userpreferences
  • Deleting so_cache folder on the local computer
  • Having delete-rights in everything
  • Export and import of the database
  • Consistency check
  • Correcting ranking on the URLs. Bug ID 10989 is still present.

Workarounds:

• Click “Edit” in a company, and cancel.
  • Restart the client
Af: Frode Lillerud 8. jun 2018

Hi Frode,
Internal ids are used by the GUI controls (and COM) to address the url, phone, address etc targetted.
I believe this is where things have gone wrong.
There is absolutely nothing you can do about this inside the db.

There has been quite some changes in many control on our way to "personize", 8.3.
Some of these changes are also in 8.2.
At some point I made the decision not to continue with the personize feature toggle and the win team made a clean break between 8.2 and 8.3. We branched instead of trying to maintain hundreds of feature toggles spread all over the place. 

We have not seen any of these issues in 8.3 R02. It should be available next week.
We have stopped working in 8.2 unless it is a red alert that can be justified or Erik Eide says otherwise.

Conrad

Af: Conrad Weyns 8. jun 2018

Hi, unfortunately the error is still there after upgrading the customer to 8.3 R02.

How can we figure out what causes this?

Af: Frode Lillerud 29. jun 2018

Hi Frode,

I am afraid that all I can do here is guesswork.
I suspect that we get into this predicament due to database data.
Some situation that our code is not garding against.

The best thing for us is to be able to debug the customer's db and user case directly.
Is this possible?

Conrad

Af: Conrad Weyns 29. jun 2018

Hi Conrad, I'll have to check with the customers next week. We've got three sites with the error now. All three use multiple WinScripts, so I've also asked our support to disable the scripts for a few days to see if that has any effect.

Af: Frode Lillerud 29. jun 2018

Hi,

I also have one client using windows who has reported the same issue.

At present ony one user appears to be affected althought I suspect more may become affected.

They are working on windows client also.

Has there been any progress on a solution or is this registered as a bug?

Thanks,

Derek

Af: Derek Scanlon 4. jul 2018

FYI, we now have a way to reproduce the problem.

1. Add multiple phonenumbers to a Company, and save

2. Click on one of them while in non-edit mode

3. Navigate to a company that has fewer phonenumbers than the one you just selected. Observe error.

It seems like if you select f.instance the fourth number so that the GUI displays the fourth option, and then navigate to another Company, then Win tries to display the fourth number on that company. If that company does not have a fouth number, then error happens.

Same goes for e-mail.

The customers we'be been having this error at use click-to-call functionality, and thus will do this action all the time.

Af: Frode Lillerud 6. jul 2018

Registered tfs 59799: Win: Phone, Url, Fax, E-mail controls don't clear last used Internal Id upon a change identity.

I will fix this for the next release, 8.3 R04 which I believe is planned for right after the summer holidays.
Thanks to Jan Andersen and Frode Lillerud for all the help figuring out how to reproduce this.

Conrad.

Af: Conrad Weyns 6. jul 2018

Hello Conrad,

The target release for the registered issue you mention is "Windows Client Temporary Release", does this mean an extra release for the win.client is coming between now and the next OnSite release? (8.3 R4)

We are preparing for a big customer to upgrade from 8.2 R4 Win to the latest version since they have hit a bug in the relations archive under the company card, and want to make sure that we don't upgrade them, and a week after a new win client version is released ;)

Thanks,

David

Af: David Hollegien 9. jul 2018

No, it's just some TFS management issue....
My guess is that once the R04 release target is defined all those in the temp bucket will be moved...
/conrad

Af: Conrad Weyns 13. jul 2018