The Find feature in SuperOffice CRM lets you search and find different types of data. This means that you can also use Find to forecast your sales. This how-to guide will show you how.
Using the Find feature you can filter out the data of any field in your SuperOffice CRM. If you are not familiar with this feature, you can learn how to search and find information in SuperOffice CRM.
Here are some sales-related scenarios that demonstrate how can use the Find feature:
- I want a list of all sales over €5,000 due to be completed next month.
- I want a list of all my stalled sales.
- I want a list of all sales proposals sent this month.
- I want a list of customers who have purchased a product that we are planning to upgrade.
To get you going, the Find screen contains some ready-made search templates, called typical searches. You’ll find them by clicking the Find button.
These searches include overviews showing your sales opportunities and activities for the current month, as well as for the months ahead. There is also a selection for sales that have been forgotten.
How to use typical searches
- Go to Find in the top toolbar.
- In the Find screen you will see 6 categories of data. Each data set contains a number of typical searches you can select from.
- Choose your data set and, in the Typical search menu that appears, select the search you wish to make.
- In the search screen you’ll see the pre-defined search criteria you can use. By clicking the Add button, you can add additional search criteria.
- Click the Find button at the bottom of your screen to generate your search results.
How to use Find for sales forecasting
To demonstrate how you can use the Find feature for sales forecasting, here is an example of how to create a search for all open sales, made this year, that are larger than €5000:
- Click the Find button on the top bar to open the search screen.
- Click on Find Sale to open a new search related to sales.
- Here you can modify the pre-defined fields with new input, or delete unnecessary criteria altogether, or click Add button to add a new search criterion.
- When you click Add, a drop-down menu will appear. Click on Sale in the drop-down menu. Then select the field called Amount.
- Click on the second field, that currently shows you the = sign. Choose the sign >.
- Add the value that has to be met. In this case, greater than €5000. Click on the third field and add 5000.
- To add more criteria just repeat this process.
- Press Find at the bottom of the screen to see all your open sales opportunities with a value larger than €5000.
You’ve now created a list containing all open sales over €5000 made this year. You can use this list as it is, or you can use this list to present your finding in a different way. You can, for example, visualize your list with a graph, and add it to your personal sales dashboard.