- Pocket version 8 running directly with Netserver must have remote webservices.
- On CRM 8 we don't recommend the use of SuperOffice Pocket Server, only to access Netserver directly.
- Web & Pocket can share Netserver if Web client does not have IIS authentication.
- The site must allow TLS 1.0 if you are running on a Pocket CRM version lower than 8.0.32 which was released August 15th 2016. From August 15th 2016 we added support for TLS 1.2 communincation protocols between device and server.
- Pocket client does not support AD authentication
- Pocket version 8 does not support IIS schemas
Read more in our administration site here.
How to install and configure the CRM Pocket client:
If you are an OnSite customer, meaning your company has SuperOffice on your own server:
To start using the SuperOffice Pocket CRM client you need to prepare:
- Make sure a connection to the server is available (Netserver)
- Make sure all Pocket CRM users have Pocket CRM licence
- Download and install the Pocket CRM App on all the devices
- Configure 'the connection path to the server' on each of the Pocket CRM App
1. Prepare Server (Netserver)
You will need to set up and properly configure a correct version of SuperOffice NetServer. Common issues are configuration of document archive (SO_ARC) and e-mail server setting. You can verify your NetServer installation using SuperOffice Web. The Pocket CRM client is installed on phones that access this server over the Internet and must be able to reach this server host. The address for Netserver URL will be like this: http://servername.youcompany.com/netserver/sevices80/
Note: Do not use space or national characters; use lowercase a-z characters and/or numbers 0-9.
To access the Netserver from the Pocket CRM client, the Netserver needs to be accessible on the public Internet that can be addressed and reached using http over a designated port, by default port 80. Firewall and proxies must be properly configured so they don’t cause any problems related to communication between Pocket CRM client and Netserver.
Read more on Deploy SuperOffice securely onsite
Pocket CRM uses SuperOffice NetServer so we need to verify that the Pocket CRM can reach the server that NetServer is installed on.
Open a browser and enter the domain name address to the remote NetServer installation. Example: http://servername.youcompany.com/netserver/sale.svc Result should look like this:
Clients installed on mobile phones uses this address to communicate. This server address (URL) must be reachable from the mobile phones, i.e. from the “internet”.
2. Assign Pocket licence
This step is neccessary only if you have Onsite Buy licence type. For Onsite Subscription all users have the Pocket licence included in the licence plan.All Pocket CRM users need a Pocket CRM licence. Admin needs to set this in the Admin client -> users:
3. Download and install
Installing the Pocket Client on the Mobile Device
Choose Google Play if you use an Android device or choose App Store if you use an Apple device:
Follow the process in Play Store/App Store for downloading and installing the application.
Open the installed application in your mobile.
4. Configure connection to server
First time you start the App you will be asked to configure what type of environment your SuperOffice server is using.
Choose [SuperOffice CRM].
You must now set the URL in the Pocket App, to connect the App to the server by setting the connection url / connection string / URL to your Pocket server / Netserver installation:
Your administrator should know where to find this url.
You can set this URL either by typing the address manually or by clicking a SOProtocol link on the device:
- To make it easier to configure the URL for Pocket CRM it is recommended that the installation address, i.e. http://pocket.mydomain.com/pocketcrm/services80/ is sent as an "SO protocol" to the end-user using SMS or email wich is accessible on the device you are to connect to.
You can send a predefined email with this URL by clicking "Pocket CRM settings" from the SuperOffice Web client:
Note - to change the URL that is sent out in this email, changes has to be done in web.config for netserver under:
<add key="PocketCrmServiceUrl" value="https://my.server.com/SuperOffice/remote/Services80" />
When you have set the URL to your Netserver installation in Pocket CRM you will be presented with the log on screen.
Log in with the same username and password you use for the SuperOffice CRM and you are ready to use SuperOffice Pocket CRM!
Appendix A: How to reset the Pocket CRM client
If you need to either reset the settings or configure the client with another connection URL, you can delete the settings by uninstalling the app then install it again - then you can enter the server settings.