Prerequisites and preparations
We assume you have already:
Using remote Netserver WebServices?
We recommend using the same Netserver for both CRM Web and Service for a more lean administration.
The version number for Service, CRM Web/Win, NetServer and the database must all correspond. When you want to upgrade one of these products, the other products must also be upgraded at the same time. When the database is upgraded, all the products must be upgraded to the appropriate version.
These are the recommended steps for upgrading from SuperOffice 7 Web to SuperOffice 8 Web
- See system requirements for SuperOffice 8 Web
- Download and unzip the Web installer package on your server.
- Upon launching the installer, you might be prompted to install some prerequisites, install these by clicking the "Install" button.
- In order to start the installation you need to accept the License agreement.
- Specify the SuperOffice 8 Web Application name and select the destination folder where you want to install it. If you chose to split the installation into one SuperOffice Web and one SuperOffice NetServer installation it is recommended to chose a name that correlates to the type of installation.Please note our recommended scenario (#2) does not require you to split web and NetServer webservices.
- Select the first option if you want to install both SuperOffice Web and SuperOffice NetServer on the same application. Select the second setup type if you want to split SuperOffice Web and SuperOffice NetServer into two separate installations, either because you want to install them on different servers or just want to split the application.
- In the next dialog select the website and/or virtual directory for your installation and specify a name for the new virtual directory, leave the default "SuperOffice" or if you want to install SuperOffice Web or SuperOffice NetServer (web services) on the root level of a web site you can leave the virtual directory name blank (only recommended if you have good knowledge of IIS works).
- Note: If the dropdown under select website is blank you need to on the Windows feature "IIS 6 Management Compability and IIS 6 Management Console" under "Turn Windows features on or off".
- Click “Install” to begin the installation process.
- Check “I would like to launch CRM.web Configuration” to start the Product Configuration for your installation and click “Finish”.
- Read the “Welcome” section and click “Next”.
- On the “Database driver” section, choose the database system for the database you installed on with server setup and click “Next”.
- In the “Database settings” section fill in the fields to configure your connection to the database. Click the “Test connection” to be sure that the configuration is correct. The user here must be a database system user. When it works, click “Next”.
- In the “Document Settings” section you need to enter the “Archive Path” to the folder you created in the SuperOffice CRM Server installation. You also need a temporary path. We recommend you add an impersonate user with sufficient rights to read and write to both SO_Arc and the temp area. Check the “Impersonate User” checkbox and fill in the credentials for a user with access to the file server where the SuperOffice Archive (SO_ARC) is located. Validate and click “Next”.
- Leave the “Security” section as is. Tick "Expose Netserver WebServices" to use the Netserver WebServices with Service.
- In the “Globalization” section, choose your country in the “Application country code” if it exists. If not, choose English.
- Click “Next” on the following sections until you get to the “Finish” button. Click it to create the configuration file. Choose Encrypt configuration to encrypt the system user name and password in the web.config file. Click Finish.
- SuperOffice product configuration for Reporter is opened. Click Next on the welcome screen.
- A 32 bit ODBC system datasource must be available on the server where SuperOffice NetServer is running. Add the name of the ODBC, and include the database table prefix.
- Click "Finish" to finalize the installation.