As a CRM Online customer with a registered test environment you may request to replace the test environment with a new fresh copy of the production database.
As a SuperOffice administrator (with access to Settings and Maintenance client) you may log in to the SuperOffice Operation Center
You will be able to access all tenants you have access too. If you want to replace your test environment (cust34506) with a fresh copy of the production environment (cust21513) this have been made into a self-service task here.
Before you start the replacement, take a close look at the Database Size under Metered Services. The database size will influence how long some of the steps in the process takes, and in this first version we do not give feedback on how long each tasks takes.
Start process to replace test environment
- Choose the test environment you want to replace in the dropdown.
- The tile Test Environment Info will assist you through the cloning process. To start click anywhere marked as yellow in the screenshot above. The link to Source will just take you back to that tenant.
- To start click Replace
- Assign users that should have access to the test environment. It will automatically add those who have a login
- To reduce the risk of sending emails from the test environment we by default invalidate all email addresses.
Invalidate email address will take firstname.lastname@example.org and change to email@example.com
You may specify another email domain, default is mailinator.com.
- Default no documents will be copied to the test environment. Choosing to copy all or some will be time consuming
- Service attachement folder may be huge, excluding all attachments from Service requests is recommended.
- Scheduled tasks will be stopped, but you may enable them by ticking the box.
- Set test environment as running after cloning is done is ticked by default.
- Last step - confirm by checking the box that you really want to replace the existing test environment. There is no going back.
- Now when you click Confirm the process starts. This may take a lot of time and the first step is timeconsuming, see list of steps below.
- When the dialog disappears your test environment is ready with a fresh new copy from source.
Is the test environment identical to production?
Yes, almost. All the customer data, like company, contact, sale, project and so on are there, but when we copied your production database into the test environment we removed some personal information.
- We removed all login information and emails from email accounts set up by your users that use the SuperOffice inbox.
- We also removed all email account set up to use with Service and created a new for this environment only.
- We close any open ticket in Service.
- Any webpanel refering to Service functionallity using full path like onlineX.superoffice.com/custXXX/CS/Scripts/xxxx have been replaced with a template variable:
csti - URL to "ticket.fcgi"
csrm - URL to "rms.fcgi"
cscu - URL to "customer.fcgi"
csbl - URL to "blogic.fcgi"
- All scheduled tasks has been marked as disabled unless you chose to enable them in the wizard
- Also - any SuperOffice App Store app that was authorized on your production database will not work in the test environment and you will have to sign up again if you want to use it in the test environment.
The authorization/approval for the app to access a specific installation is a one-to-one link.
If you have ERP sync apps in productoin you should log in to Settings and Maintenance and turn off automatic syncing. Since these apps are not authorized on the test tenant it will not sync, just generate errors.
Do note - any data that was created by the app will still be in your test environment, like the web panels that was automatically set up by the app. You may hide them in the test environment admin under Lists - GUI Webpanel
Steps performed when we clone a source database in to a as test environment
Test environment cloning steps
||Wait for saga 'Backup Source Customer' to complete
||Source database is backed up. Depending on source database size this may take a long while!
||Wait for customer tasks to complete and enter offline maintenance mode
||Wait for customer task to complete
||Connecting customer to old clusters
||Restore customer backup from CustSOURCE
||The database copy from source will now be restored as the target database. Depending on source database size this may take a long while!
||Copy Customer Info
||Create SQL login
||SQL Server logins must be created in target database after replace
||Fix system users
||System users must be created in the target database after replace
||Replacing all personal email domains with '@mailinator.com'
||All email addresses in the source database will be replaced in the test environment. Default firstname.lastname@example.org will be changed to email@example.com, mailinator.com may be changed in the cloning wizard. Depending on source database size this may take a long while!
||Register Customer In SuperId
||Clone Azure Templates from CustSOURCE on
||Copy templates from souce to target. Depending on source template archive size this may take a long while!
||Provision Mail Service
||All mailboxes used by service are deleted and replaced with one single test mailaccount for this domain.
||Disable Scheduled Tasks
||Any schedule tasks that have been active on the source will by default be set to disabled. Read more about scheduled tasks in the admin help file
||Recycle the target
||Change serial number to Test Env - COMPANYNAME / SERIALNUMBER
||We need to change the serialnumber and owner company to match that of the test tenant. License information.
||Set SuperId Tenant State to: In migration
||Assign user plans
||Assign userplans to the users that should be allowed to log in to the test enviornment.
||Sync Customer SuperId Users
||Set SuperId Tenant State to: Normal
||Create Partner System Users From App Authorizations in Customer Database
||If this is a replacing an existing test environment with a new copy from source then any apps authorized on the test environment that use a system user must be re-created in the target database.
||Update Company Info From Customer Database
||Clone SoArc system attachments from Source
||New from September: only clone the attachments for Service chosen (new step)
||Notify apps about Changing State with BackupRestored
||Notify partner apps
||Enter Running Mode
||The test enviornment may now be logged in to!