My custom application is ready, what should I consider before I ask for a validation test?
Expander service subscription
Access to a customer's tenant from a custom application requires an active Expander service subscription license. The license is purchased by the customer.
If the subscription is discontinued, any custom applications will lose access to that tenant.
- Workflow for giving consent to the tenant is implemented so the customer administrator may approve the apps access to the database.
- The application handles scenarios where access to the customer's database is lost, such as during our maintenance windows. Check the tenant status page
Limit your searches
- API calls don't choke the database
- Ensure the user types at least 3 characters before you start searching for contacts, persons, email addresses, selections, and similar
- No more than 10 api calls per second
Protect your web panels
- Information doesn't leak via web panels (and thus forwarded to others who are not authorized)
- The context identifier template variable (uctx) and also the User login associate ID (usid) are part of the URL of all web panels you add
- usec is never passed as a parameter in the URL
System user and important rules
- Never rename the owner company (contact.name field for the company with contact_id found in the Company database table). If you do, our license check fails and all users are locked out!
- Persons may be associates - if they have a row in the associate table then
- don't update a person's company (person.contact_id)
You must protect the customer database from total destruction, which will require Online Operations to update the database manually. Use the system user with great caution.
- You will handle unavailability scenarios such as when CRM Online is not available
I'm good to go!
Sign me up for validation