Are you going to run Seven on a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 database, follow these steps to set up the target database.
- Create a new target database using the SQL Management tool
- Add a user (Security -> Users). The user in this example will be called CRM7, but you're free to name the user whatever you like.
- Give the user db_owner permissions (lower list) on the new database.
- Create a new schema, e.g CRM7 with owner the user created in step 1.
- Create a new ODBC System Data Source pointing to the new database.
If you want to take advantage of the SQL Server full-text search you need to set this up before you run DBSetup/ServerSetup to create the new SuperOffice CRM 7 database.