Are you going to run SuperOffice on a Microsoft SQL Server, follow these steps to set up the target database.
- Create a new target database using the SQL Management tool
- Add a user (Security -> Users). The user may be called CRM8, but you are free to name the user whatever you like.
- Give the user db_owner permissions (lower list) on the new database.
- Create a new schema, the name of the schema will be the table prefix
- Create a new 32 bit ODBC System Data Source pointing to the new database.
If you want to take advantage of the SQL Server full-text search you need to set this up before you run DBSetup/ServerSetup to create the new SuperOffice CRM database.