Could not load file or assembly 'Serilog, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=24c2f752a8e58a10'

lock
push_pin
done
Answered

I have installed the newest Onsite version 10.2.1, but when i try to start it I get an error saying:

Could not load file or assembly 'Serilog, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=24c2f752a8e58a10' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

The funny thing is that I often just can click update page or sometimes I have to close the brower and open it again, then it works.

I have tried to reinstall but the error remains.

Anyone have seen it before? Any thought?

17 Feb 2023 | 12:15 PM

All Replies (7)

Hi Martin,

Did you get it to work? I did also see this in a new customer setup and as you stated it for 10.2.1.

In my case a clean new install (real  serial number and customer name, no problem loading / installing licence data)
In my case a dummy install for a long term old customer that will be upgraded to 10 from 7.5

Anyone know what this is about? serilog seems to have to do with some loging ? 
Serilog — simple .NET logging with fully-structured events/

//Anders

28 Feb 2023 | 05:12 PM

I think I have an Ide what this is all about. Windows server 2022 and ODBC driver 18 has a breaking changes (it defaults to encrypted connection string)
In ODBC there is way to bypase this but for OLE DB like in sales client, I think it tries 3 times and then test un encrypted.
Thats also logged in sale web log . that system could not authenticate..

//Anders

28 Feb 2023 | 05:19 PM

Update: I have only seen this once. (first load of fredh install)
Environment. 

Win Server 2022, SQL Server 2022, ODBC driver 18 (problem with ODBC until trust SSL Cert is ticked, since SQL server for now only has selfsigned default cert)

ODBC Driver 18 has breaking change that default uses encrypted connection. (it is good thing) 

Not sure what diriver SO-WEB (sales) use for the connection to DB . Built in SQL-driver o the SQL ODBC driver (SQL Native client is not installed) 

I will watch out if this error pop up again

//Anders

28 Feb 2023 | 07:30 PM

The log entrie in my case was actually was about So BatchService not able to authenticate.

I did not take a screenshot of the error message about serilog but rember that I saw someting about it on the community so I think it is/was the same message you got Martin..but can not be sure since I can not replicate it.

There is a "bug" in SO that if you want to be able to start: SuperOffice Batch Task Service you must have a db user and a system user with same name and same password or this old service will not start.. I happend to discovre to day. It is tru for 10.2.1 as wel as for 10.1.6 and probably also 10.1.2

//Anders

28 Feb 2023 | 07:40 PM
That is true, I learned this the hard way, just some year ago. I have always had separate passwords for the DB user and the default system user in SO (CRM8). So my onsite installations have never had a working BatchTask-service. Stuff seems to have been working without problems anyway though. :)

I did some decompiling of the BatchTask-code and did then see that it get its login data from the DB-User-setting in "web .config".

I would agree that I also see this as a bad security practice, but I assume that this behaviour is due to some kind of legacy reason...or, it is just a bug. :)

//Marcus
1 Mar 2023 | 09:07 AM

Ran into the same issue today.

As it turns out, the installation did not copy all the files in the installlation, so i just copied the files from another installation with the same version that worked and it was just fine.

For example, /bin/sobatchservice contined like 150 files, where an working installation had 230
So that might also be an issue

25 May 2023 | 01:39 PM

Hi!

This is solved in the new 10.2.5 OnSite being released now.
Thanks for the feedback!

26 May 2023 | 11:13 AM
Very nice, Only today, I think I have pressed refresh 20 times to skip this seri error :) So I hope we also can download it soon!?!
26 May 2023 | 12:39 PM

Add reply