It is important to know what you want to achieve with your mailing. Your goals will determine your target group, as well as the message in your sending.
Your target group is the group of people you believe will respond best to your message. If you tailor your marketing specifically to that group, you get a better chance of getting them to do what you want. And you don’t waste your chance with the others.
What's your goal?
To ensure that your mailing is a success you need to reach out to the right audience with your message. The more you can narrow down your target group, the higher your chances are that you will send the right message to the right recipient.
What do you want to achieve with your mailing? Do you want to:
- Get more leads?
- Sell more new products, services or add-ons to your existing customer base?
- Improve customer loyalty and retain more customers?
SuperOffice offers multiple options to create your target groups. It is possible to use selections, projects or a single contact from inside SuperOffice. Any contacts that are not yet available in SuperOffice can be added by importing an Excel list.
4 ways to create your list of recipients
- Selections: It is really easy to create a selection in SuperOffice and use it to make your target list. You can make your own selection from scratch or you can use one of our pre-set selections. To find the pre-set selections, go to Selection and type Company. You will find 4 selections ready to use. If you prefer to make your own selection, you can learn how to make a selection here.
- Projects: You can send mailings to people connected to a project in SuperOffice. Add all the people you want to a project, and choose the project as a recipient list for your mailing.
- Single contacts: You can add persons from the database one by one by searching for their name or another value. You can also paste in single email addresses in a field. This is useful when you want to add someone just before sending.
- Import a list of contacts: You can import recipients from a file outside SuperOffice. This has to be a text file, preferably from Notepad, and values should be separated by a comma. Note: If you want your results from the mailing to show on a person card in SuperOffice, you should use another option. You can consider importing the contacts into SuperOffice and create a selection from there instead. The last option gives you the possibility of creating history on the customer card.
Narrow down your target group
By narrowing down your target group you avoid sending emails to contacts that are not interested. This way you can save costs and prevent yourself from wasting marketing resources. Don’t make the same mistake as 89% of all marketers, by sending your mailing to everybody in your database.
What to think of when you want to segment your database:
- Your database has to contain the right categories to make the right selections. Categories, such as Customer and Prospect or perhaps A, B and C customers.
- The contact cards should have the right contact interests, such as, Opt-in Newsletter, Seminar, Product interest and so on.
- Extra fields that are important for your marketing routines. It is possible to add extra fields to SuperOffice that contain the information you need to create your target list.
Ask your Administrator to add any segmentation criteria and fields you need to be able to further pinpoint your target groups. They can adjust all lists and add the fields that you might use to create your target list.
Here we see the interest tab on the contact person card, here we can check everything a contact person is interested in.