Problems with LicenseAssocLink table when trying to fetch License (SO 84R04)

Hi Community. Didn't know where to put this question, so please move it, if its in the wrong category :).

I've just recently upgraded a customer from 7.5 to 8.4.

When trying to update their license, I get the following error:

There is a problem with your license. Please contact SuperOffice. Failed to save!

If I look in the log, there seems to be problems with writing to the LicenseAssocLink table.

Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'crm.LICENSEASSOCLINK' with unique index 'IDXmoduleLicenseId_assocId'. The duplicate key value is (24, 6).

Its trying to do an 'INSERT' query. How can this be? The line already exists (combination of assoc_id and module_id), as it should.

I'm kinde afraid to modify entries from the table, since it controls users licenseinformation :).

 

 

Hi Kasper,

It looks like there is a problem with the database ID that is released by the sequence table. You can try starting DBsetup and choose for recalculate database sequence (Make a backup first).

If this does not solve the problem you can also choose the option Data Back Consistency Check and choose for Module license hashes.

 

Kind regards,

Alexander Hesselberth
SuperOffice Benelux

Av: Alexander Hesselberth 2. aug 2019

Hi Alexander.

I've tried both without any luck :(.

Av: Kasper Rosenlund 2. aug 2019

Hi Kasper,

Strange issue. I'm not sure what is causing this and I was hoping that a re-calculate of the sequence solved it. I'm affraid I don't have another solution. Do you have the possibility to escalate a ticket to International Support?

 

With kind regards,

Alexander Hesselberth
SuperOffice Benelux B.V.

Av: Alexander Hesselberth 2. aug 2019

As it is now, I've found (in coorpeation with a colleague from sweden) an almost identical issue, where AD-manager (a third party product) was the cause of the problem. 

If this leads to a dead end, Ill escalate it :)

Av: Kasper Rosenlund 2. aug 2019

Hi Kasper,

Thanks for the feedback :-) Interesting. I did not know that third party tools used our license tables.

 

With kind regards,

Alexander Hesselberth
SuperOffice Benelux B.V.

 

Av: Alexander Hesselberth 2. aug 2019

We faced several issues with using plugins from Infobridge and at the end, it happened to be linked to license fetching. FIxing this resolved also 3rd party functionality and proper work. So yes, all is linked :-) 

Av: Boyan Yordanov 2. aug 2019