At one of our customers service SOAP endpoints - e.g. http://localhost/service/scripts/soapAdmin.exe - yield "HTTP Error 502.2 - Bad Gateway" instead of an XML response.
I cannot figure out any difference in the IIS settings between customer and a working environment (CGI, handler mappings). Also, there is no difference in SOAP settings between the two installations.
For the sake of simplicity, I set the binding to http with empty hostname, and I tested the endpoint on the SuperOffice server. Everything else works fine, e.g. http://localhost/service/scripts/rms.fcgi
SuperOffice 8.0 SR4 onsite
Best regards, Marc