Adding New Activities
To add a new activity to be run automatically:
1. Start the SOTrvGate.exe file, you will find it it the SuperOffice program files folder.
2. Click New to open the dialog box where you specify what SuperOffice Travel Gateway should do.
3. In the Type field, select the activity from the list box. You can choose from these options:
• Sign On – OBSOLETE from 6.3 SR1 we do this for each task there.
• Sign Off – OBSOLETE from 6.3 SR1 we do this for each task there.
• Read updates – when you want to specify that SuperOffice Sales & Marketing should read updates (UP files) residing in a particular user’s Travel folder on the server.
• Write updates – when you want SuperOffice Sales & Marketing to create an update log (DWN file) for a specified user.
• Generate Prototype – when you want to generate a new prototype for a particular area. It is a good idea to run this outside normal office hours, because local updates cannot be run while the prototype is being generated.
• Read updates from all users – when you want to read in all UP-files residing in users’ Travel folders on the server.
• Write updates to all users – when you want to write new DWN files for all active Travel users.
• Generate Prototypes for all areas – when using SuperOffice Area Management and you want to create prototypes for all areas.
• Execute program/batch file – when you want SuperOffice Travel Gateway to run a backup or a BAT file to copy files and so on.
• Create signal file – when you want to create a file named SIGNAL.DAT in a specified folder. This option is used to initiate a further instance of SuperOffice Travel Gateway.
• Remote Travel Server – runs Remote Travel Server, which is the program that receives and processes the lists of required documents created by Remote Travel Client (on the local PC). For example, you can specify that Remote Travel Client should retrieve all documents for a particular company. On the server side a search is run which corresponds to the client’s specified criteria and finds which documents should actually be transferred. Clearly Remote Travel Server should be run just before or just after you have read or written updates for Remote Travel users. There is no comparable function serving the satellites.
• Regenerate all counters – automatically regenerate all counters (SAINT)
• Regenerate all statuses – automatically regenerate all statuses (SAINT)
• Synchronize with ERP – If you are running ERP sync you need this task for the synchronization to run. This will perform one complete synchronization cycle agains any linked ERP system
4. Under Scheduling, you can choose from the following options:
• Immediately after the preceding task.
• Interval – all combinations of time and date.
• When signal file exists. If you select this type of scheduling for an activity, the activity starts when it finds a signal file. Once the activity has finished running, the signal file is deleted. The Signal.dat file should be created in SO_Arc where the gateway is looking for it.