You can see sending a direct mailing as handing over your business card. Every time you send out a mailing you want to make a good impression. With a master template, you will make sure all your mailings will have the same design.
You can design a master template for each type of mailing you send. You can create:
- a newsletter template
- a campaign template
- even a Christmas card template.
Then you can use a particular template every time you want to send that type of mailing. SuperOffice has more than 100 standardized email templates that are ready for use. You can use a standard template and adjust it to fit your company branding.
You'll find more than 100 standard templates you can base your mailing on under "Online template library" in the mailing menu.
To get you started on your master template, here are some tips for what you should include:
- Company logo: You can add your company logo at the top of the newsletter and link it to your website. Here is how to add your logo.
- Link to display the message in a browser: If a person has problems displaying the message in his/her email program, he/she should get a link to display your mailing in a browser. All SuperOffice templates come with a link to open your mailing in a browser.
- Contact information: Your company's address, website, and phone number.
- Unsubscribe link: Best practice is to add an unsubscribe link and make it hassle-free for recipients to opt out of your mailings. Here's how to add an unsubscribe link
- Template variables: You can merge in customer data for each recipient to personalize the message. Address your mailing to your recipient using their first or full name for example. Learn how to add template variables.
More about template variables
You can tailor a template for each individual recipient using template variables. Template variables can add the customer's name and company to the text. If done right, your personalized message can lead to increased opening and click-through rates.
Here is a selection of available template variables:
- Customer name
- Customer email
- Company name
- Our sales contact
- Link for viewing message online
All will contribute to better results and a higher success rate.