I’m working on an integration for a client. Using some pointers I managed to use the system user flow to obtain an access token and I am able to call the REST API’s.
I however am having quite a hard time understanding a few things and hope someone can point me to the correct resources.
I have found the API reference documentation at: https://community.superoffice.com/documentation/sdk/SO.NetServer.Web.Services/html/Reference-WebAPI-REST-REST.htm
I noticed OData (new for me) is used to perform selections and queries. The documentation also mentions carrier objects, archive and foreign keys. I know the concept of foreign keys from relational databases. I am struggling to create a mental picture to work with.
On top of the SuperOffice specific terms and techniques I am somewhat confused that the documentation mentions Persons and Companies while the API seems to have Persons and Contacts. This is probably a legacy situation (or I am seeing things wrong and Contacts does not contain Companies).
There are a few things I want to achieve:
- Create, Read, Update and Delete Companies and Contacts
- Export all (more than 11000) Companies and Contacts
- Create, Update and Delete Sales
I am not necessarily looking for direct answers. In order for me to grasp the section of SuperOffice that I need to work with I probably need to have the following information:
- An overview of the relationship between entities
- A guide into OData and how use that to select entities with their relations
- An explanation of carrier objects and how they interact with the API (read and write)
- An explanation of the archive concept
Any extra resource to help me get a better understanding would be extremely helpful.