I have installed a new complete SO8SR4 environment to which I have migrated a 7.5-database. The new environment were initially set to be using FCGI, the old 75-environment (which only had CS installed) were set to use CGI (.exe).
I have done all changes I can come to think of, but the login-page for CS is ALWAYS automatically routing to rms.exe instead of accepting rms.fcgi. After login, all other pages is using .fcgi as expected though.
* I have set reg_id 251 in crm7.registry to ".fcgi".
* That made CS use FCGI on all pages but the loginpage
* Then I set the reg_id 260 (Setup has asked for setting up FastCGI) to 0 and ran the upgrade.exe again to to get the question to enable FCGI and have the installation application set all possible .FCGI-settings in the environment.
* That didn't seem to work either.
* I have flushed caches on the debug-page in CS
* I have restarted App Pools and sites, etc.
* As this only affects the login page, I can't see any type of script that potentially could affect this.
* I have done backups of the IIS-settings using appcmd and compared those settings-files to backups of other environments, without finding any noticeable differences. Especially not when it comes to the CGI-related settings of the IIS.
* I think it worked with logging in via *.FCGI with the clean install DB, so it seems related to some setting in the database.
* All parts that I have tested seem to work in the implementation, but there are errors in the upgrade.exe that probably might be the cause of some problems.
Noted Problem after CS upgrade.exe
* reg_id=158 (Used for version checking ejSender) were still set to "7.5.1000.0" but "ejSender.exe -about" gives Version: 8.0.1000.0
* That generated the error: " [(System) ] [ejournalCron] 2017-04-18 08:52:08.686 [0.084] [0.084]: Wrong version of ejSender. Please contact local support to correct the installation."
* This have now been fixed using UPDATE crm7.REGISTRY SET value = '8.0.1000.0' WHERE reg_id=158
* No changes
* It seems that some part of the upgrade of CS don't complete as it should
* The Command-prompt is started in elevated mode
* The folder in the FileException exists (D:\superoffice\so_cs\bin)
* Windows Registry-settings for the CS-site is correct
D:\superoffice\so_cs\bin>upgrade.exe -dbDebug -verbose
Your Name [adm_soadmin]: xxx
Connect to so80 as crm8?(y/n): y
Checking netserver connection...
Upgrading from version 8.0.1000.0 to version 8.0.1000.0
Updating notice frame data...
Updating wsdl descriptions...
Updating dictionary base...
Sending license info to eJournal...
Updating html reports...
Upgrading/installing html reports...
Registering ejSender version...
Deleting messages without ticket connection...
Cleaning up profile duplicates...
Resetting postponed date for non-postponed tickets...
Enabling custom notify for users...
Upgrading eMarketing templates...
Exception caught in main()
FHFile::FileException: fopen("c:\ejournal\config", "rb" + failed, errno=No such file or directory; cwd=D:\superoffice\so_cs\bin
Stopping old/crashed mailings
Package compactMode version 22 is up to date, no need to upgrade
Package Macro foundations version 16 is up to date, no need to upgrade
Package Split request screens version 11 is up to date, no need to upgrade
Package System screens version 152 is up to date, no need to upgrade
Do you want to start the ejScheduler service?(y/n): n
1. Is there some other setting, but the reg_id=251, in the database that could make CS behave this way?
2. Is there some IIS-settings that could make CS behave in this way?
3. Could file security settings of files in the CS-folder affect this in some way?
4. Could Reg_ID=261 (Use Impersonation for FastCGI) affect anything like this? In which cases should this setting be enabled?
5. Anybody knows which activities that is happening at the state of the error in the upgrade?
If anybody have some experience of this and have a solution, I would appreciate some feedback! :)