Service - Attachments in tickets automatically redirects/uses "customer.fcgi" instead of "rms.exe"

Hi,

As the title says, we have a customer that for some reason cannot open any attachments in Service.

The URL for the "getAttachment"-function automatically points to "customer" instead of "rms" and tries to open the attachment in Customer Centre.

Example:
/scripts/customer.fcgi/getAttachment/*.jpg

Manually changing the URL to:
/scripts/rms.exe/getAttachment/*.jpg solves the problem.

As far as I know, the customer does not have a licence for the Customer Centre module and is met with a message in Customer Centre saying: "You do not have access to this page".

A workaround is right-clicking the attachment in the ticket and saving it locally before opening it.

 

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance!

-Markus

RE: Service - Attachments in tickets automatically redirects/uses "customer.fcgi" instead of "rms.exe"

Hi Markus!

 

In the database in crmX.config what do you have under attachment_path?

Av: Emilija Vilija Treciokaite 3. okt 2017

RE: Service - Attachments in tickets automatically redirects/uses "customer.fcgi" instead of "rms.exe"

Hi Emilija!

"attachment_path" has the value "C:\SuperOffice\Customer Service\attachments".

Av: Markus Moripen 3. okt 2017

RE: Service - Attachments in tickets automatically redirects/uses "customer.fcgi" instead of "rms.exe"

Hi,

It looks like we found the culprit and this issue has been resolved.

Thank you!

Av: Markus Moripen 9. okt 2017

RE: Service - Attachments in tickets automatically redirects/uses "customer.fcgi" instead of "rms.exe"

Hi

 

we have the same issue with a customer now after upgrade and moving to new servers.

config and registry look like they should according to the technical dokumentation.

does anyone have an idea for a solution to this?

Av: Sebastian Skjølaas 5. mar 2020

RE: Service - Attachments in tickets automatically redirects/uses "customer.fcgi" instead of "rms.exe"

Hi,

I've spent several hours today trying to understand why a server move(with new local server paths)/upgrade from 8.3 to 8.5, failed. Upgrade.exe complained about the attatchment path altough I had updated it in table CONFIG. After a lot of research I found out that there is a new table, ATTACHMENT_LOCATION , that overrides the value in CONFIG.attachment_path. So you'll have to update  ATTACHMENT_LOCATION.path.


For example:

update [CRM8].[ATTACHMENT_LOCATION]

set path='D:\SuperOffice\SuperOffice Service\attachments'

where attachment_location_id=1

GO

//Jan

Av: Jan Bonde 1. apr 2020