Service, Office365 and mail protocols supported

Hi

Office 365 will stop supporting POP / IMAP / EWS with basic-auth fall 2020

What mail protocols does Service support? pop, imaps, pops, imaps....

Is there support for MS Graph for mailbox connection?

RE: Service, Office365 and mail protocols supported

More info here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/improving-security-together/ba-p/805892#

Interested to hear what is going to be the plan, support OAuth on IMAP, add support for Microsoft Graph API?

Av: David Hollegien 9. mar 2020

We are aware of changes in support for basic auth in 0ffice365 and currently we are investigation how to support it. Currently we are only supporting basic auth for pop(s)/imap(s), so this is important for us to solve before support for this authentication type is removed.

Av: Michel Krohn-Dale 9. mar 2020

Hello,

Microsoft has announced that they postponed the complete removal of basic auth from Office 365 to somewhere in the second half of 2021. See:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/basic-authentication-and-exchange-online-april-2020-update/ba-p/1275508

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/basic-authentication-and-exchange-online-july-update/ba-p/1530163

But it will be disabled for all existing tenants that do not use it starting October 2020, and has been disabled for new tentants for some time.

Is there any roadmap/indication when SuperOffice will support authenticating with IMAP/SMTP using OAuth 2.0? Maybe support for authenticating with EWS instead of IMAP?

Av: David Hollegien 12. aug 2020

Hi,

Any news on this?

Thanks!

Av: Markus Moripen 27. aug 2020

Hi

any updates on this?

Erlend

Av: Erlend Øyen 17. nov 2020

Hi,

This is high on our priority list and we are working on solutions for supporting this authentication using OAuth.

Av: Michel Krohn-Dale 17. nov 2020

I had asked the question under "General Technical Questions" because i had not seen this thread.
Marcus here advices a solution for Q1.2021.
https://community.superoffice.com/en/technical/Forum/rooms/topic/general-tech-group/general-tech-questions/microsoft-ending-the-support-for-basic-authentication-service-imaps/

Av: Georg Diczig 17. nov 2020

Hi 

what's the status on the new version of service with Oauth/Modern authentication support?

Av: Erlend Øyen 19. jan 2021

Hello,

We aim to deliver support for modern authentication over IMAP for mailboxes in Service (OnSite customers) at the end of Q1-2021.

The same solution will also be applied to the SuperOffice Inbox (Online and Onsite customers) at the same time.

Av: Erik Eide 21. jan 2021

Hi, ok thanks.

i had refreshed the page a couple of times, thas why i had double posted.

Av: Erlend Øyen 22. jan 2021

Will this new functionallity, supporting more modern authentication, also be applied to 8.5R16 (the latest and greatest release of 8.5) or will we be forced to upgrade to 9? 

Av: Göran Falkman 22. jan 2021

@Göran, great question!

I wonder also if this will be backported to the 8.5 Series of SuperOffice? eg a 8.5 R17?

Will this be include in upcoming 9.2 R7 ? or will it fist come in a later version? 

We have several customers not running SO gen 9 yet, and running MS 365 eg fetching mail for SO Service with IMAPS and basic auth. So it is important for all of us to know what we can expect here regarding Modern Auth support for the 8.5 series of SO I think. 

Has MS announced a more specific date for termination of Basic Auth for IMAP/POP and EWS than the fall 2021 ? 

//Anders

Av: Anders Larsson 14. apr 2021

In Microsoft latest communication about this: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/basic-authentication-and-exchange-online-february-2021-update/ba-p/2111904

They say the following: "The first change is that until further notice, we will not be disabling Basic Auth for any protocols that your tenant is using. When we resume this program, we will provide a minimum of twelve months notice before we block the use of Basic Auth on any protocol being used in your tenant."

The "Pilot programs" section of the 9.2 R8 release of online does mention support for the new authentication

Av: David Hollegien 14. apr 2021

Hi!

Thanks David

Yeah I actually found that post after posting here :-) 

That is good giving us more time to prepar customers for the switch. 

Anyway it is still interesting fo us to know the answer to my question when Modern Auth for IMAP will be supported by SuperOffice and wich version.

Edit: ok so not in 9.2 R7 at least...Thanks!

//Anders

Av: Anders Larsson 14. apr 2021

Hi,

Upgrading onsite customers is a timeconsuming task, and we would like to make sure that we are delivery a solution which does not cause additional problems. Modern authentication support for Service mailboxes will use the same solution as SuperOffice inbox, and we would like to run this in our online environment a short while before offering it to our onsite customers.

We are targeting enabling this function in 9.2 R9 (onsite), it will either be enabled default or with the use of a feature toggle for pilot customers. 

It will of course also be backported to 8.5(R17).

Av: Michel Krohn-Dale 21. apr 2021

Hi

any estimates for the relase date for 9.2 R9 (onsite) ?

Thanks!

Av: Erlend Øyen 28. apr 2021

Hi,

Overview of our release plan should always be up-to-date our our Releases page.

Av: Michel Krohn-Dale 28. apr 2021

Hi i see that R9 is out, but i can't find anything in the release notes about oauth?

Av: Erlend Øyen 2. jun 2021

It is in the R9 release, but under a feature toggle 'NewAuthentication'

Av: David Hollegien 2. jun 2021

@Erlend

The OAuth 2.0 was first planned available as pilot in 9.2 R9, but due to an issue we found using OAuth 2.0 against SuperOffice Inbox, we decided to postpone the pilot to a fix was in place, in 9.2 R10. The release notes are updated to reflect this.

Av: Frode Berntsen 2. jun 2021

ok, so oauth 2.0 support will be supported in CS from R10?

Av: Erlend Øyen 3. jun 2021

The OAuth 2.0 is planned available through the pilot for 9.2 R10. This is enabled by configuring the Fature Toggle.

Av: Frode Berntsen 3. jun 2021