Remote web services may be used from S&M web client, Customer Service, Pocket CRM or your own custom application.
Preparing IIS 2008 for NetServer
- Make sure ASP.Net support is installed in IIS. If not, go to the Control Panel -> Programs and click Turn Windows features on or off. Then go to the Role for IIS and install ASP.Net support using Add Role Services
- Also make sure you have installed IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility under IIS 6 Management Compatibility under Management Tools
Run the CRM Web installer
- Run the installer by starting setup.exe
- Specify the CRM.web Application Title (you can leave it as default) and select the destination folder where you want to install NetServer
- Select to second setup type, where NetServer is installed on a separate computer (as we only want to install NetServer to get the Remote WebServices for either Sales & Marketing web, Customer Service or Pocket CRM)
- In the next dialog, use the first choice for installing NetServer
- Select under which website or virtual directory you want to install NetServer. This could be anything of your choice, for example under the default website. You could either leave “SuperOffice” as new virtual directory name, or you could create your own. This will indicate the URL you will use in Sales & Marketing web, Customer Service or Pocket CRM. to configure NetServer
- Click “Install” to begin the installation process
- Check “I would like to launch CRM.web Configuration” to start the NetServer configuration utility and click “Finish”.
- Click “Next” on the “Scripting” section.
- Read the “Welcome” section and click “Next”
- On the “Database driver settings”, choose the database system for the database you installed on with server setup and click “Next”.
- In the “Database settings” fill in the fields to configure your connection to the database. Click the “Test connection” to be sure that the configuration is correct. When it works, click “Next”.
- In the “Document Settings” you need to enter the “Archive Path” to the folder you created in the server setup part. You also need a temporary path. You need to set a valid domain user in the "Impersonate user" if you want to get documents from the Archive. Click “Next”.
- Leave the “Security” section as is.
- In the Globalization section, choose your country in the “Application country code” if it exists. If not, choose English.
- Click “Next” on the following sections until you get to the “Finish” button. Click it to create the configuration file.
- Verify that NetServer is set up properly by entering the URL of the site and virtual directory created by the installer, followed by Person.svc (in this example it would be: http://localhost/SuperOffice/Person.svc). You should get a reply like: