Notice: Urgent Information for SuperOffice Onsite 10.2.9 WCF API Users

lock
push_pin
done
Beantwoord

We have identified a critical issue within the SuperOffice 10.2.9 WCF API (Onsite) that is leading to data corruption in appointments, specifically Bug 53654.
This problem has notably impacted Nebula Synchronizer.

Our team is diligently working on a Hotfix for the 10.2.9 Onsite version to address this issue promptly.
We are targeting to release the hotfix within the upcoming week.

As a precautionary measure, we have temporarily removed the download link from the "Release Details" section of 10.2.9 Onsite
Once the Hotfix is ready, we will promptly update the download section with the corrected version.

So far we have only seen customer been affected when using this combination:

• SuperOffice 10.2.9
  • IB Synchronizer Nebula

What triggers the issue:

• modifying a synced appointments content, ie.: in Outlook.

- It appears that this issue does not affect any appointments that have not been edited.

The observed outcome when issue occurs on an appointment:

• 'Date' being incorrectly set to year 17XX in SuperOffice
  • 'Type' field becoming blank in SuperOffice
  • 'Content' field being cleared in SuperOffice

We are actively monitoring the situation and will provide timely updates on our progress here.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to resolve this issue swiftly.

1 mrt. 2024 | 03:07 p.m.

Alles Antwoorden (24)

So what exactly triggers this in bug in the API? changing a combination of fields at once? changing the description containing specific text fragments?

1 mrt. 2024 | 04:40 p.m.

Hi!
Will this also affect the traditional calendar syncronizer?
Version History - Exchange Online Synchronizer ā€“ InfoBridge

I guess it is not fixed yet since the DL link i still withdrawn?
SuperOffice Onsite
Is the plan still to release a new version this week?

//Anders

7 mrt. 2024 | 03:44 p.m.
Since the original/traditional synchronizer doesn't use any of the web/soap services, I guess the answer is no :)
8 mrt. 2024 | 09:47 a.m.
Ok, thanks David. So for customers runnig classic synchronizer the withdrawn version could be used.
However interesting to know if there are any other sceneries involving sync or updating appointments that could be affected.
10 mrt. 2024 | 08:40 p.m.

As far as we know it's a backwards compatibility issue when connecting to an Onsite SuperOffice 10.2.9 Environment in Remote WCF Mode using a Newer WCF Proxy Package, the Nebula Synchronizer requires the newer proxy version due to new features in superoffice online (online is never affected!).

Any software using the above combination will have this issue, so be careful with custom solutions etc, afaik local mode is not an issue.

The onsite Exchange Online Synchronizer is not affected by this.

Technically what can be observed is that just updating an existing appointment empties existing properties in the appointment row upon save.

11 mrt. 2024 | 09:16 a.m.
Thanks for the additional details Carlo!
11 mrt. 2024 | 01:32 p.m.

Thanks for the reply an clarification.

So if using nuget package for 10.2.9 in custom apps - That should be safe? 

When can we expect a corrected version and possibillity to download 10.2.9 again under downloads?
Will there also be new nuget packages for 10.2.9 or are they not affected?

13 mrt. 2024 | 11:15 a.m.

Hi @Carlo and @Anders!

We have looked into this and concluded that onsite intergrations should use the same proxies versions as the target customer netserver web services. 

If R&D was to issue an updated nuget package, for 10.2.9.patch, then it's possible that some developers might see that and attempt to use the new 10.2.9.patch towards their onsite customers 10.2.9.x installation, and there it would fail because of yet-another-incompatability (related to WCF SOAP serialization).

We have determined that issuing a fix for this specific case could/would only cause more damage. 

SuperOffice has a fairly good track record with ensuring backwards compatibility. However, sometimes, new features require changes to entity carriers that, in the SOAP proxies, cause problems. This case would not be an issue in the [preferred] SuperOffice.WebApi package instead.

Remember, SOAP (and proxy client) is scheduled for END OF LIFE in the future.

We are striving to achieve strict sematic versioning from version 11. It is my hope that we will be able to follow that industry standard, and use our versioning strategy to increase confidence and maintain integrity of our API's for all of our development community. 

Best regards.

14 mrt. 2024 | 08:26 a.m.
Hi Tony, when making standard products (online & onsite or mixed) used by a lot of different customers it's not really an option to match the installed version, especially in a cloud process targeting multiple tenant configurations simultaneously... This was never a problem and should never be, that's whole foundation in the existence of webservices, additions are fine but existing functionality should never break in the same version (services88). And of course we will move away from WCF in the future, but we have this urgent issue right now while it's still supported.

But apart from that this case just doesn't make sense to me, with the nuget 10.3.1.759 version we use:
- Onsite installations <>< 10.2.9 work fine.
- Onsite == 10.2.9 doesn't work.
- ONLINE installations >> 10.2.9 work fine.

Would a new onsite build not fix this then? Or do I miss something? With the information I have it's only a problem with this particular build as far as I can tell.
14 mrt. 2024 | 08:57 a.m.

Ok, thanks Tony.
My mainproblem is now that I do not know if I can use the "with drawn" 10.2.9 (That I have downloaded in a customer TEST environment) for installation in a PROD environment? 
I can not see any issues in TEST (not all integrations like eMarketeer via separate NetServer and IB classic sync can be tested there) 
Do we have a new estimted relese date for 10.2.9 patched version and the upcoming 10.3.3 ?

14 mrt. 2024 | 08:38 a.m.
Ah, ok maybe a read your answer to quick. Is your answer actually saying that there will be no updated installer for 10.2.9 at all?
and we are advised to no use 10.2.9 for OnSite customers in PROD?
14 mrt. 2024 | 08:41 a.m.
You can use OnSite 10.2.9 just fine, only with the advice/strong recommendation that external integrations should use the appropriate NetServer Services package for the customer they are connecting with (so do not connect to an onsite installation with version 10.2.9 with package 10.3.2).

So in your case you should check with eMarketeer what API they use, and if it is the SOAP API in combination with the NetServer Services package, they need to make sure they are using version 10.2.9. As mentioned by both me and Carlo (From InfoBridge), the InfoBridge synchronizer doesnt use the SOAP API.

14 mrt. 2024 | 08:50 a.m.

Just a comment regarding this: "We have looked into this and concluded that onsite intergrations should use the same proxies versions as the target customer netserver web services. "

We have apps that work against both online and onsite installations. Currently the app is using older NuGet packages, and relies on the /Services86, /Services88 etc functionality for cross-version compatibility. So for us it's not really an option to use the same NuGet version as the version the customer has installed, since there is one installation of the app against many customers.

Our gameplan will most likely be to remain on older NuGet version until we can prioritize switching from SOAP to REST webservices.

14 mrt. 2024 | 08:57 a.m.
Exactly Frode, we are also in this situation see my comment, the same applies for any other well build cloud application in the app store. This conclusion would cannibalize those products.
14 mrt. 2024 | 09:09 a.m.

Update: 

We are still investigating all options.

Currently investigating whether is it feasable to revert to 10.2.9 compatibility (last onsite release). However, that would mean that anyone using SuperOffice.NetServer.Services proxies towards online, which in SOD is currently 10.3.3, the versions released between those versions would most likely experiencing the same issue.

This doesn't seems like a easy road forward either way....

To be continued.

14 mrt. 2024 | 11:21 a.m.

In light of Carlo's compatibility chart, it is 10.2.9 onsite that seems to be the bad egg (technical term):

So would it not be the best solution to release 10.3.3 (the next onsite release March 20th) instead of publishing both 10.2.9.x and 10.3.3, and advise all to upgrade customers to 10.3.3 instead of a 10.2.9 patch (which will be need to be upgraded eventually anyway)?

~Messenger

14 mrt. 2024 | 12:24 p.m.
Yes indeed, that's what I think is the best and simplest solution given the situation. With all the consequences patching the 'bad egg' seems a bad idea.

We encountered this when 2 support cases came in just after these customers were updated onsite. With online or prior onsite versions nothing noticed that's related, and i'm quite sure we would have known.

It would be good if we can test this scenario with the next onsite build before it's being released, just to be sure.
14 mrt. 2024 | 12:38 p.m.

Hi, Yeah I think I agree on just skip further 10.2.9 version and focus on 10.3.3 release to get that out in time instead.

15 mrt. 2024 | 01:44 p.m.

Hi, I guess the final decision was to not reenable 10.2.9. for download. And that we instead wait for 10.3.3 as now stated in the Relese-details of 10.2.9 (under current version)

SuperOffice Onsite

Best regards

18 mrt. 2024 | 02:28 p.m.
Correct. The release is planned for later today or tomorrow.
20 mrt. 2024 | 09:58 a.m.
Thanks Tony for confirming this.
Looking forward to be able to bring this to 2 of my customers.
20 mrt. 2024 | 02:17 p.m.

In release note for 10.3.3, I do not see a reference to id 53654

Is this included but perhaps not documented, or, am I missing something.

21 mrt. 2024 | 02:59 p.m.

Thanks for pointing this out Eirik - fix for bug 53654 was connected to release 10.2.9. It is now updated to 10.3.3:

27 mrt. 2024 | 10:09 a.m.

I installed the 10.3.3 at a customer on Monday, but I cant get the TrayApp to work.

For details about the error see this post

https://community.superoffice.com/en/technical/forums/product-forums/crm-web-application/tray-app-problems-in-superoffice-10.3.3-onsite

2 apr. 2024 | 10:06 p.m.

Reply toevoegen