Microsoft 365 OAuth 2.0

lock
push_pin
done
Answered

Hi everyone,

I have a very general question that I hope someone may have some advice for. A client of ours is using Web 10.1.2 and is currently migrating over to Office365 from an on-premise Exchange installation. As I understand it right now, during the migration they are in some type of hybrid mode between their onsite and Office365.

No matter what we attempt, (myself and the client's I.T. department), we cannot get a new Service mailbox to recognize their test email address (or any other address belonging to their domain) as an Office365 account. Although the one personal test account created by my I.T. contact does work (We get directed to the Microsoft logiin page), no email account directly related to the customer's domain seems to be recognized. I have looked in the crm.registry table to ensure the new protocols are in use and verified the SuperOffice server's MX record is pointing to Microsoft as indicated by the article below.

https://community.superoffice.com/en/support-faqs/faq/how-do-i-start-using-the-new-microsoft-365-oauth-2.0-authentication-in-superoffice-crm/#a1

At this point I am out of ideas and my I.T. contact is unsure of what to try next. If anyone has any suggestions it would greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 Sep 2022 | 01:27 PM

All Replies (2)

Hi Brian,

You can also find more information on this page.

Please contact me directly to help you with further investigation into your issues.

/Michel

6 Sep 2022 | 12:50 PM

adding to/continuing this thread on the matter of Customer Service and 365. We have an impatient customer and we are pursuing separate discussions with distsupport as well, but this issue must have been seen elsewhere, given how prevalent 365 has become.

This is a 10.1.5 on premise.  This release features the new 'Sign in with Microsoft' button when creating a new mailbox (bypassing the first entry in the MX record, as the customer has a spam filter solution that takes up that first entry).

The sign on goes though successfully.

We see that INCOMMING mails to this 365 account is going though successfully.  We see that OUTGOING email does not go though.

Based on suggestions, the CS/SYSTEM/SMTP settings have been varied.  Including removing userid/pw, checking SSL check/SMTP.  All attempts at send returns error with variations over SMPTcurlerror/Unknown protocols.

On the 365 end, (we do not control this- this is based on external consultant), Authenticated SMTP has been checked, and unchecked, and recheked, and further tests have been done. So far without any success.

(I do not know how/if the MS decision to shortly depreciate basic authentication plays into this, but if it does, the solution must survive past one month).

Some sort of case story/documentation/suggestions as to any change to SO CS, and/or 365, most appreciated.

15 Sep 2022 | 04:00 PM

Add reply