How do I set a user as a former employee in SuperOffice CRM?Updated on 7 Jul 2023
My colleague has left the company. What is the best way to remove his access to SuperOffice?
There are two ways how you can remove a user from SuperOffice CRM:
If you want to move open activities, sales, etc., from this user to another user to take over, please have a look at this FAQ: How do I reassign all accounts (companies, contacts) and open tasks, sales, projects from a person who left the company to a new person in SuperOffice CRM?
You should do this before you remove mark the user as former employee or delete it, because afterwards you will not be able to create selections based on this user anymore.
Note! You cannot update the owner/author of documents.
Remove the license and mark as former employee.
Please follow the steps below:
- Login to SuperOffice CRM and access Settings and Maintenance.
- Select the user you want to remove in the Associates list.
- Then the user’s details will appear on the right-hand side of the screen. Mark the Former Employee checkbox. At the bottom of the screen the switch that determines if a user can log in or not will automatically be switched off.
- Now the user will not be able to log in. All the information created by this user in SuperOffice CRM is still owned by him/her and has a reference to this user, if you did not update his/her records with bulk update to another user.
Delete the user
Note! Consider carefully if you want to delete a user. This change cannot be undone. Before you delete a user, we recommend to update all active records (Companies, sales, activities, etc.) to another user. After deleting a user, the records created by this user will not be linked to a user anymore.
- Login to SuperOffice CRM and access Settings and Maintenance
- Select the user you want to remove in the Associates list and click the Delete button.
- Confirm your action, by clicking OK.
- Now the user will not be able to log in and all the information created by this user in SuperOffice CRM is not owned by anyone and has no reference to this or any other user.
In this article
Did you find this information useful?